Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Ta-ta for now..

It's my last day! I can't believe how fast the time went. I guess working 40 hour weeks doing something you really enjoy helps, though. Last week was pretty much just a round-up of everything I've done since I got here. I researched more articles and contacted people about pictures and information for Culinary Getaways, pulled photos from previous magazines, ran a lot of little errands, etc. I put together some checklists of information and contact info of all the people I've talked to about whatever they're involved in (Wineries and cooking schools, country inns, what have you) so that my bosses wouldn't be lost when I left with a mess of information that they couldn't really decipher.
I am absolutely going to miss working here, and I am jealous of all the interns (that is.. the other 4) that get to stay a few extra weeks. Marina told me from the beginning the end dates were flexible as long as I fulfilled the hours I needed to get credit (which I'm well over by now) and I wish that I could stay longer. Unfortunately, commuting into the city is expensive! But hopefully my internship here will have been the first step to my first magazine job in the city after graduation.. and I'll actually be able to live here and not take the train in every day from New Jersey.
I definitely learned a lot in the past weeks, and really got to see what part of magazines I think I want to work in. I can't think of a better place to have interned at, and it was such a wonderful opportunity to be able to work with all the people that I did. I guess that's it for this summer - ciao New York! & thanks, CL.

No comments:

Post a Comment