Saturday, July 17, 2010

Haunted houses, delicious looking donuts, and.. a gumball machine?







































Throughout the week I was asked to research stories for the October/November issue, including "Historical Haunted Houses" (Mark Twain's House, the Ohio State Reformatory where the Shawshank Redemption was filmed, and the Winchester Mystery House- which at one point had over 600 rooms in it!), "Donut Shops" (where I spent probably an hour an a half before lunch looking through pictures of the most mouth-watering doughnuts I've ever seen), "Pumpkin Festivals", "Historic Old Theaters", and "Country Inns with Good Food". I have never emailed and spoken to so many people, or looked up so many webpages and articles and clicked on so many links looking for information before -- it was definitely exhausting. I was able to pull a lot of information and pictures though, and in the end turning in each folder was very satisfying.
On Friday, I got the opportunity to not only go to the October Costumes photo shoot, but also be in it! They decided to do three age groups (a child, teenager, and adult) and I was volunteered by my boss to be the teenager. I was the gumball machine, the child's costume (Sarah Gray, our EIC's nephew) was the goldfish bowl, and the adult costume (Gyna, our Managing Editor) was a snowglobe. We shot in the morning in front of the Swedish Cottage in Central park. It was a lot of fun, and something I would never have had the opportunity to do before, and probably never will again!

No comments:

Post a Comment